I hit the “magical” 12 week milestone yesterday of pregnancy. What is it with this 12 week mark that makes you feel like you’ve made it over a huge hump?
And speaking of milestones here are some other recent ones to share:
- I “graduated” from weekly acupuncture appointments to once monthly
- I officially can no longer button my favorite skinny AG jeans
- I am being treated as a normal pregnant woman at my OBGYN’s office as everything is progressing well- I haven’t been considered “normal” at a doctors office in nearly three years!
- I haven’t thrown up in two days! Could nausea actually be disappearing for good?
- No more Progesterone shots or Estrace pills!
- And I actually allowed myself to start looking online at nursery furniture and bedding the other morning and fell in love with this new ruffle bedding from Pottery Barn- adorable right?
At this time I am just trying to enjoy every moment of my pregnancy, besides the anxiousness that arises every now and then, it’s actually been very easy for me. As I truly love being pregnant and I already feel like it is going by way too fast! I mean 12 weeks already? I’ll be in the second trimester in a blink with even more milestones to list.
Days like this I truly realize how lucky I am to be pregnant given my DOR diagnoses and low odds of conception. I fought going the IVF route for so long and feel so very thankful that we took the leap of faith when we did. It’s scary, as there is so much that is unknown until you actually go through the process and know how your body is going to respond.
I thank the Lord every morning when I wake up and feel my growing belly or see how happy my husband is- knowing that we are finally having our love child. Lately, I have moments that I just want to wrap up and keep in my heart forever.
These are truly some of the best days of my life.